#1679 [CMake] Run parallel tests!
|Reported by||Dominic Kempf (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Reported at||Jun 30, 2015 12:59|
|Operating System||Unspecified / All|
I would like to open this task to collect opinions, ideas and experiences on the topic of parallel testing. We do have a lot of parallel infrastructure, which we do only test sequentially during make test right now. When reworking the test suite for 3.0 (see #FS1621), we should think about adding infrastructure for parallel testing.
Some points that come to my mind:
- CMake does offer all the info needed on how to run tests in parallel through FindMPI.cmake
- The number of processors to run a parallel test on should be specified by the test.
- The user should have the possibility to give an upper bound to the number of processors. All test requiring more than that will be skipped.
- Such mechanism can be perfectly integrated into an add_dune_test macro, which would make sense also in the light of #FS1621
- We have rewritten checkCommunicate in dune-grid to do more checking as a Yasp bug slipped through the current test.