Issues after Gitlab Migration
Issues After Gitlab Migration
During the migration to the official gitlab docker image some issues showed up. I will use this place to collect and keep track of those problems. Most problems are minor issues or already broken on the old gitlab instance so we will stick with the new instance :)
I guess there will sill be some issues I didn't find, so if anything shows up just open a new issue or leave a comment here.
Unfortunately I forgot to turn off the backup script during the migration. The backup script activated the old gitlab instance about 4am on July 28. I turned it off again around 9am on July 28. All activity on this gitlab during this time was lost. Of course I didn't delete the data of the old gitlab instance so everything is technically still there but probably hard to recover. I hope (and guess) that no one decided to do anything important during this time without having a local copy.
Currently the trailing whitespace hook is disabled since it doesn't block trailing whitespace anymore. Apparently it was already not working properly for the old gitlab instance. The infrastructure for applying hooks is there so it is only a matter of fixing the hook. I will post an update later this week.
Replying to Issues via Email
See #59 (closed). So far I did not try to activate this for the new gitlab. Is this a feature we want to have? I'm just asking, since it feels unnecessary to me, so this is a suggestion to remove/not activate it. Note that this is not a strong opinion , if you like the feature I will try to activate it. I don't expect a lot of trouble with this one.
If you have an opinion on that feel free to leave a comment.
Registry and CI
The registry was completely removed and started from scratch. You can find the clean registry under the usual address
registry.dune-project.org. I started building the CI images. At the time of writing the pipeline was still running but the base images were build successfully, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Improve Welcome Email Text
The email users get after registration has some empty placeholders and looks wired. I will fix this later this week.